Monday, October 3, 2016

Jeffree Star Summer 2016 Limited Edition Velour Liquid Lipstick in Watermelon Soda & 714 Review+Swatches

Hello Everyone,

Today I'm reviewimg these two beautiful shades from "Jeffree Stars Summer 2016 Limited Edition". I bought these lipsticks in July but after that I was in Pakistan for holidays and then came back and stuck in house chores.Well I got these lipsticks in the shade "Watermelon Soda" & "714". they came in this clear tube but with a different color opener which makes it so summery and fresh.

My Experience:

Watermelon Soda:
Its a bright coral pink shade which looks beautiful on almost all skin tones. It lasts on lips for hours which is a plus point. It does not dry out my lips at all.
It beautifully covers my entire lip in one single swipe. Its really smooth and does not streaky on lips. I love how versatile these lipsticks are, you can totally rock this lipsticks as a eyeliner which is amazing.

714:
But when it  comes to 714 which is a pastel neon pink with purple undertones, it washed me out. So if yore fairer then me than this 714 is definitely your shade but otherwise you have to mix this color with any other color to get the desired shade. Its a lil bit streaky to work with, and also you need 2-3 layers to get the exact color.  So a big no to this color otherwise I love "JS Velour Liquid Lipsticks".
If you're a person who is on the light side then go and give it a try otherwise I suggest you not to buy this color although watermelon soda looks beautiful on both dark & light skin tone.


Application:
Exfoliate your lips and then pat dry with a tissue paper or towel and apply it direct with the wand or you can use a lip brush as well.


Swatches:


Thumbs Up:
  • Pigmented
  • Long lasting
  • Beautiful shades
  • Not drying at all
  • Smooth application

Thumbs Down:
  • Locally not available
  • 714 is not suitable for Asian skin tones
  • 714 is a bit streaky as well

Texture: 
Smooth


Price:
SAR110

Quantity:
0.19 FL OZ/5.6

My Rating:
3/5


Availability:
Fashion & Makeup Riyadh


Would I Repurchase It:
Yes would love to try it but in different shades.



Have you tried these lipsticks from JS yet ? Share your thoughts.





Cheers!










2 comments:

AmnaOnline said...

hey! lovely post! the lighter one is kinda streaky but love the watermelon soda!

xx

https://amnaonline.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

First time in Pakistan, If you have a local shop but want to sell online in Pakistan, then you should register local shops on best buy mall.